Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Perspicacious Trail Ride, Indeed.


What could be more enjoyable than a long early evening bike ride in autumn? The angle of light as the sun slowly sets, the yellows and reds of the changing foliage, the cool crisp air – and the sound of actors reciting GRE words.

It was with great alacrity that I set out on Mopac Trail Monday. Overcoming my antipathy for standardized tests, I’d elected to amalgamate my studies with physical activity – a singular task; the confluence of concomitant obligations.

So to the tune of the Princeton Review’s Wordsmart tapes circa 1990, the largesse of a current graduate student, I rolled to and from Eagle with an occasional verbal outburst of “avuncular!” or “laconic!” to keep myself from protracted mental wandering.

I’ll avoid a circumlocutory conclusion to this entry. Instead, with brevity I’ll state that outdoor activity has turned a perfunctory act into an activity I hope to make an inveterate tradition.

-- Kat



3 comments:

  1. Although suddenly self-conscious of my speech, I prognosticate few verbal hurdles in your future. To which program are you applying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, I am so happy I challenged you to post about this. You knocked it outta tha park!

    ReplyDelete