|Sheen removed due to popular demand. Thanks to Josh, designer of the highly acclaimed Nintendo Hustle, for a suitable substitute.|
FIRST AND FOREMOST....All Midwest CX Stitch awards will be handed out at the after CX party Saturday night, beginning at 7:30, HR Lounge. You must be present to win.
DAY OF RACE PRIZES....
In the combined 3/4 field, Flatwater Cycling has contributed a BONUS pay-out to the top 3 finishers. $50, $30, $20. This is in addition to the race day payout for the top 5 finishers of the Women's Open ($100, $75, $50, $40, $35). So, if you were the first cat 3 or cat 4 across the line and got third place overall, you'd get $100 dollars for your effort.
First 3 places in EACH cat 4 and cat 3....
Thanks to Trek Bicycles of Omaha, Kansas City & St. Louis, there are gift certificates worth $100, $75 and $50 for the top three finishers in EACH category.
She who makes CX look like the most fun.... If you're not having fun, you shouldn't be doing it and we want to recognize racers who are really diggin' it.
The woman with Skillz doesn't come by those out of the blue. She works at it.
One freakin' gear...this chick either likes less complicated or simply makes the most of what she's got. ROCK ON.
Now to mix it up.....on Hooligan's Hill
- Best Costume (prize table)
- Match Race ($25 prime) - If you are neck and neck with another woman, pay attention to the spectators. Conrad Castañeda who hosts the Mundo Latino radio show will let you know you've been selected for the match race. The back round the course to Hooligan's Hill wins the prime.
- Lanterne Rouge ($25 prime) - Anyone can race around like a mad woman, but it takes measured discipline to be chill and enjoy the hand-ups. Most laps down wins this one.
- Grindcore Memorial Jump In Headfirst Award - With a bike like that, it's obvious you can't resist a dare. This goes to whoever has the MOST inappropriate bike for cyclocross. (Grindcore's first effort was on a fixed roadie.) (prize table)
- Crowd Favorite - What would CX be without the spectators? Give 'em something to holler about. There will be a ballot box on Hooligan's Hill. (prize table)
We're doing it prize table style. You will get to choose what you when. We just pick in which order.
- Top three places category 3 (1st - Jersey + Prize Table)
- Top three places category 4 (1st - Jersey + Prize Table)
- Single-speed (1st - Jersey + Prize Table)
- Makes CX Look Most Fun
|Click image to enlarge|
Stuff still coming in, but here's a start:
- 6 envelopes with $50 in each (Thanks to Diabetic Outreach, Kinetic Brew, Duo Shoes, SHECLISMO)
- 2 Paintings by Berly Brown
- 1 Painting by Ashlynne Elizabeth Neve
- 1 Casey Sheppard Designs
- Aorta Apparel
- Robot Luv Item(s)
- 2 Sets of Specialized Captain CX PRO Tires
- Specialized Winter Apparel
- Sheclismo T-Shirts
- Sheclismo Coozies
- Joyride bottles
- Cycling Made Real t-shirt
- Whole Bunch of mini Luna Bars
- Two PCL sweatshirts
- Bob's Steel-Cut Oats
- 60-minute Massage from The Healing Plains/Rebecca Hepburn
- and more! But, my hands are tired. Just freakin' come race and have a great time.
- Race Saturday
- Register online at USA Cycling. If this is your first race in any discipline ever, check with me (email@example.com) to see if there are any first timer coupons left.
- Race info
- SHEnanigans at Hour Lounge: (14th & O ST, NW corner) Free spaghetti dinner 6ish, CX Stitch awards starting at 7:30
- Sunday Survivor Breakfast. Ladies, if you partied like the rock star you are, bring yourself and your entourage to breakfast before you race Sunday. 8:30-10 am. RSVP to receive secret location. Yes, it's that posh.
- Race Sunday. You race 12:30ish. THANK YOU! For help making this a great event.
Post those in the comments.