Saturday, May 25, 2013

Grindcore at the Almanzo 100 2013

What a difference a year makes!

Last year, I felt like I was prepared for the ride. This year, I knew I was. With some shifts in schedule and life, I've been more consistent and deliberate in my training. Add in the fact that I'm entering my fourth year of competitive cycling, and you can surmise that I'm getting the hang of it.

The lead-up to this year's Almanzo was filled with apprehension about the sheer number of riders taking the start line. A whopping 1,400 sent in postcards, and while I knew they wouldn't all show up, even if a third of them didn't, it would still be huge. And that, to me, meant dusty and sketchy. With that many people full of adrenaline, the race could conceivably end very badly, very early.

Photo by Craig Linder of Grindcore, solo gravel crushing

Read more on her blog here...

No comments:

Post a Comment